Duct Repair, Sealing, and Insulation in Worcester & Nearby in Central MA
We can improve your air quality, energy efficiency, and home comfort with our ductwork solutions
Well-maintained and insulated ducts will help improve your home's overall energy performance.
Your ductwork is how your home distributes the air you pay to heat and cool, so having ducts that are performing correctly is extremely important to energy efficiency and home comfort. In addition, your ductwork has a major impact on your home's indoor air quality.
At Meacham Companies, we specialize in complete ductwork solutions, including duct repair, insulation, and sealing. Our experts can inspect your home's duct system and recommend the right solutions for your needs. Call us today at 1-855-719-0890 or click below to get started with an estimate in Shrewsbury, Westborough, Marlborough and the nearby areas.
Common ductwork problems
Your ductwork consists of two main features. Supply ducts distribute air from your furnace or air conditioner throughout the home, while return ducts bring unconditioned air back to the system to be heated or cooled. While this system has a straightforward design, there are some common issues that can occur.
- Leaky ducts: Leaky ductwork is very common and can diminish the efficiency of your HVAC system by as much as 40%. If you have gaps and cracks in supply ducts, the air you've paid to heat or cool will leak into the attic, basement, or crawl space. If the damage is in return ducts, dirty air from those spaces will be circulated back to your living space, which can cause respiratory issues.
- Uninsulated ducts: Uninsulated or poorly insulated ducts waste a tremendous amount of energy. In the winter, your HVAC system is blowing heated air through uninsulated ducts located in a frigid attic, meaning the attic ductwork must first be heated before the right temperature air reaches the living space. In the summer, you're blowing chilled air through the same uninsulated ductwork that's been heated to about 120 degrees by your hot attic.
- Unbalanced ductwork: If your ductwork isn't balanced properly, it will waste energy while also creating areas in your house that are too hot or too cold. Balance problems occur when the amount of air delivered through supply ducts doesn't match the amount of air drawn in through your return ducts. This typically occurs because of improper location and size of supply and return ducts.
- Safety: Pressure imbalances caused by air duct leakage can lead to backdrafting in combustion appliances such as furnaces, wood stoves and gas ranges. When this happens, you risk exposure to carbon monoxide.
Our complete ductwork solutions
- Ductwork inspections: Our experienced professionals can evaluate your home's ductwork to identify problem areas and recommend the right solutions for your needs.
- Duct repair: If you have unbalanced ductwork or damage to any of your ducts, we can provide expert repair and replacement services to ensure your home's HVAC system is functioning correctly.
- Duct sealing: Ductwork naturally has gaps and cracks that allow air to escape, which is why duct sealing is a great solution for any homeowner looking for improved energy efficiency and home comfort.
- Duct insulation: Insulating your ductwork will ensure that your duct system stays at a consistent temperature year round, allowing your home to be heated and cooled faster while saving you money and improving home comfort.
Get the right ductwork solutions for your home today
If you're interested in improving your home's energy efficiency and comfort, the HVAC experts at Meacham Companies are here to help. Our complete ductwork solutions will improve your home's indoor air quality, energy efficiency, and overall comfort. Call us today at 1-855-719-0890 or contact us online to get started with an estimate in Shrewsbury, Westborough, Marlborough, Shrewsbury, Weston, Franklin, Waban, Milford, Carlisle, Belmont, Westford, Needham, Acton, Wellesley, Harvard and the surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.